Some of you have been asking me about my hair care routine and I’m actually very excited with this post, because it’s one I’ve been wanting to write for a little while. Why? Because if you’re a woman, you know the special relationship we all develop with our hair along our lives, who can’t relate to the experience of leaving the salon feeling you can conquer the world with just a simple (but gorgeous) hairstyle? Or who hasn’t thought that the cut you’ve just asked your stylist to do, just ruined your life?
Sometimes your relationship with your hair can be a complicated one, especially if you don’t understand what your hair requires, and I consider this the foundation: to know your hair type. Is it fine, medium or coarse? Is it thin or thick? Curly or straight? So, if you want to find out which is your hair type, here’s what you can do to find out:
- Wash your hair with a shampoo designed for “normal” hair but don’t use conditioner.
- Let your hair dry naturally without using a dryer or toweling too roughly.
- Once you hair is dry, you can see its natural texture: is it totally straight or does it have waves? Perhaps you have curls, or perhaps you have a mixture of textures.
- Can you see frizz in your hair? Does it have natural shine or does it seem dry and dull?
- To measure the thickness pull out a single hair and look at it in front of a white paper. If the hair is barely visible and feels soft, it’s fine. If it’s easy to see but still feels soft, your hair is medium. If it looks thick and feels wiry, your hair is coarse.
- To measure the thickness, pull it back as if you were creating a ponytail and measure its circumference, if the circumference is five centimeters or less, you have fine hair. If it is between five and ten centimeters your hair is of medium thickness, if it’s more than ten centimeters, your hair is thick.
Having this information will allow you to narrow your choices in hair care products because you’ll know exactly what your hair requires to look healthy and shiny! And talking about shiny hair, I also want to share with you some tips to increase your hair’s shine:
- When you wash your hair, finish with a cold rinse to close down the cuticles.
- Blow dry with a large, natural bristle barrel brush, pointing the nozzle down your hair as you dry.
- Use a hair mask once a week, look for ingredients such as jojoba, olive or coconut oil.
- Boost your intake of vitamin E and drink plenty of water to prevent your hair from becoming dehydrated, brittle and dull,
- Use a serum for your hair type avoiding the roots and when your hair is still wet.
We’ve heard a lot of times that beauty comes from the inside and I totally agree with that and today I want to talk to you about something that you’ve asked me a lot of times, and that I promised you in my Insta Stories I was going to do: my favorite supplements for skin glow.
Before we continue with this I need to emphasize the importance to go with your doctor before trying any of these supplements. As you know I always recommend what works for me, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that all these things will work exactly the same for everyone, so lets not forget being responsible about what we consume.
There’s no way that you can have a glowing and healthy skin if you don’t have the necessary nutrients, without them your skin can not restore itself or keep its health, so that’s why nutrition is the foundation for beauty and we all should be careful with what we consume. A healthy diet, that includes super foods and super herbs becomes a must, but sometimes even the healthiest diet requires a little boost and here’s where the supplements come:
VITAL REDS, GUNDRY MD.
This supplement has polyphenols and probiotics that helps you boost your energy and of course boost your skin’s appearance. Polyphenols have antioxidant properties, and also helps you improve your brain function.
GREAT LAKES GELATIN, COLLAGEN HYDROLYSATE, UNFLAVORED BEEF PROTEIN
Collagen has multiple benefits: increases energy, helps with muscle recovery, maintains a healthy skin and helps your hair a nails to grow, so what’s not to love about it?
MOON JUICE – BEAUTY DUST | BEAUTIFYING ADAPTOGENIC BLEND FOR SKIN
Adaptogenics help your body to resist stressors of all kinds and result In enhancing your appearance. It also helps to protect your cells from radical damage and enhance your skin’s elasticity.
Basically this supplement keeps your brain on full blast, improves your immune system
THE SUPER ELIXIR BY WELLECO
This supplement improves your skin’s health, as well as strengthens your nails and hair, you can literally watch your skin glow with this supplement!
FIT 9 PILLS BY SASCHA FITNESS
This supplement is a fat loss support that helps in a safe and natural way. Thanks to its composition, it’ll help to improve your hormonal balance and to speed your metabolism, using fat as fuel.
SKIN NUTRIENTS BRIGHTENING BY GLISODIN
The ingredients in this skin lightener will help reduce oxidative stress and inhibit the enzymatic process that produces brown spots, while reducing blemishes.
So, these are my top seven favorite supplements and the ones I’m currently using, however I also recommend to do some research and select the ones that suit your skin best and keep trying and using new ones as your skin’s needs keep changing trough the seasons and trough your life.
Do you have supplements that you absolutely love and are like magical for you? Would you mind sharing them with me?
Women have a very special relationship with makeup, it helps us out to amplify our beauty and we have been using it since centuries ago, for example Greek women used charcoal as eyeshadow and white powder to lighten their skin. Some people criticize using makeup saying that it’s an attempt to hide behind a “mask” and that is related to confidence issues, I think that in some cases that might be true, but a lot of us wear makeup because we love it and can be as confident with or without it.
For me, makeup is another way to express myself, just as fashion. Through makeup I can change the way I look giving a wide variety of options: I can choose an everyday, very light look or I can choose a very dramatic sexy look. And like a lot of women, I’ve personally experienced the empowerment of wearing a red lipstick and knowing that I look great!
Some of you have been asking me about some tips for doing my makeup and I really want to share with you some very useful tips that I’ve learned from some of the best makeup artists that I’ve had the pleasure to work with. While I was writing this, I realized that I, in fact, have a lot of useful tips, so I decided to make this a two-part post so you can have all those tips! And without further delay here they are:
- Before applying your makeup, take a moment to appreciate the “you” without makeup, fall in love with your features as they are uniquely yours.
- Try to get in the habit of using your makeup time to drink a glass of water (or two)
- Be sure to apply your makeup in a well-lit area, meaning make sure you have light on both sides of your face. Applying your makeup in front of a window is a great idea!
- Pick one feature you want to emphasize and the go for it
- Good brushes, like good makeup are worth the investment.
- If you’re dealing with a pimple or a breakout, apply a couple of eyedrops to the irritated spot. This will reduce the redness a little… but it’s nor acne killer, it’s just a temporary fix so you can cover it more easily with makeup.
- If you want a smooth, flawless finish on your skin, blend, blend and blend. The best blending is achieved by moving your brush in a circular motion.
- When applying your foundation remember that you don’t want people to see it when you leave your house!
- To choose the right color for your foundation match it to the color of skin of your collar bone or chest, not on your neck as it is lighter.
- You can apply some contouring underneath the tip of the nose to give the illusion of shortening the nose.
- To find the apples of your cheeks, simply smile!
- Applying blush on the apple of the cheeks makes up the face more youthful, applying blush under the cheekbones slims the face and makes it appear drawn.
- Cream blush can be used on the lips for a softer and more natural look.
- When lining your lips, you can also use a pencil that’s labeled as “eyebrow pencil”, if you like the color, you can use it for lining your lips, in fact, it might last longer!
- Always be sure to line directly on the lip border or just inside it, but never outside the lips!
- When choosing your eye shadows try to pick the ones that contrast with your eye color, instead of trying to match the color of your eyes.
- For eyelashes that stay curled, hold down the eyelash curler for a count of 20 and then apply mascara immediately.
- You can warm up your eyelash curler by rubbing the part you apply to the lahes back and forth between your fingers
- Don’t pump the wand into the mascara as that incorporates air into the product and dries it out. Instead swirl the wand in the tube.
- When applying liquid eyeliner first remove the excess liquid on the palm of your hand, so that it’s not so wet and you can have more control when applying the line.
- If you mess up your liquid liner, just grab a q-tip, put a drop of corrector and wipe away the liner.
- Sometimes you can accentuate your eyes just with false eyelashes instead of putting eye shadow.
- If you want your makeup to last longer, spay a hydrating mist after you apply your setting powder.
What do you think? Do you have your own useful tips for make up? It’d be great if you’d share them so we all can learn more tips!
I´m sure many of you have read and saw my different skincare routines here or on my Instagram, and I´m sure you have also seen in my stories some recipes I’ve shared with you that you may include in your beauty routines. This time I want to talk to you about the other part of my skincare routine. Let me explain, I’ve always thought that the foundation for a beautiful skin is to have first of all, a healthy skin and nutrition is the foundation of beauty.
“We are what we eat” is an old saying, but it keeps being accurate. We always hear how important is to have a healthy diet, but a good nutrition is more than just getting your daily allowance of vitamins and minerals, or counting calories, a good nutrition shapes all aspects of our appearance, our skin condition included.
There are a lot of great products for skincare in the market, and I’ve showed you my favorite ones, but if you notice that your skin is looking dull or dry, it could be a sign that something’s missing and could be the right moment to start nourishing your skin (and your beauty!) from the inside.
I could talk hours and hours about this topic, and tell you all I know about superfoods and superherbs and how great they are for your health in general, but I guess is a long long topic, one that we can explore together in different posts. So instead, I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes for skin care:
- 8 ounces of coconut water
- 4 inch piece, fresh aloe vera, without skin
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- ½ inch piece of fresh ginger root
- 2 squirts of fulvic acid.
- 1 teaspoon MSM powder
- Stevia or raw organic honey
Blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and enjoy! This recipe hydrates your skin and the strawberries have more than twenty substances that prevent tissue from aging and taste great!
So, what do you think? Is this one recipe you would like to try?
A healthy skin will always be your best friend. It makes you look fresh, happy and regardless of your age, it helps you to look beautiful. On my A healthy skin will always be your best friend, as that is what makes you look fresh and that’s maybe why on my Instagram, I’m always sharing skincare tips, from the easiest routines, that don`t need any products in addition to those that you may have at home; to those that involve several steps, and several product. Today, I want to share a routine that I’m about to start, recommended by the dermatologist Amy Wechsler, who is Chanel’s skincare expert consultant. So let`s start!
The first step is to remove all your makeup. We need to get rid of all the makeup that could block our pores, in order to let other products get through the skin and get the most out of them. I’ll be using L’Eau Micellaire by Chanel, that’s ideal for all skin types.
Then, it’s time to start cleaning pores through a deep cleaning. For this step, the recommendation is La Mousse, that will help you get rid of impurities and other contaminating particles like sweat. If you’re performing this ritual at night, after this step you could use Le Lift, also by Chanel. This product will help you decrease signs of tiredness.
Next step: Lotion. Why are we using this? Well, lotion helps revitalizing, illuminating and restoring out skin. And nothing better than Le Blanc Essence Lotion to help us with all this.
We can`t forget the eyes. For this, I`ll be using Le Lift Concentré Yeux. This way we can show off a radiant look! And that’s because this product will deflate the eye contour with its natural origin components. If you can’t wait for the effects to be shown, you can always use Le Lift Flash Eye Revitalizer. It takes a two step process: first, the roll-on will help spread the vitamin serum and the eye patches will help you revitalize the area. This is one of those products that you must have always on your bag!
Then, it will be time to apply a Serum. Le Lift Sérum is my choice, because Then, it’s time to apply aserum. Le Lift Sérum is my choice, because it’s 93% composed of elements of natural origin. It will smooth and prevent oxidation of skin cells.
We`re almost finished! We have to hydrate the skin, and Chanel offers many options, but because I want a bigger concentration of natural assets I’ll use Sublimage L’Extrait to regenerate, repair and protect. And becauseas youknow, it’s important to protect your skin, it`s always recommended to use sunscreen.
UV Essentiel SPF 50 by Chanel is my choice here. It’ll protect your skin not only against UV rays, but also UVA and UVB, oxidative stress and will keep your skin be hydrated.
An extra tip: if you want to refresh your skin during the day, use mist. And Hydra Beauty is an excellent option to feel fresh all the time! It will not only energize your skin, but also will be accompanied by a fruity scent!
For me, wellness has always been an essential part of my and my family’s life, and it can include different areas such as the emotional, spiritual, physical, social and intellectual among others, that’s why during these quarantine times, is especially important not to forget to do all those things we’ve been doing in all those areas, so we avoid a burnout.
So, I wanted to share with all of you my favorite 5 wellness tips for this quarantine:
1. Make time for projects that make you happy. Make the purpose to spend time everyday doing something that you absolutely enjoy, you can spend time reading, journaling, doing yoga and even knitting if that’s what makes you happy!
For me, reading while having a face mask always helps me unwind and one of my favorite face masks is a honey avocado one, that helps you to soften and hydrate your skin, and you can even do it yourself! Here’s how: a. Ingredients: You’re going to need 2 or 3 avocados and ¼ cup of honey.
b. Cut the avocados in half and discard the pits, pull the avocado and mash it up in a bowl, add the ¼ cup of honey and blend the mixture together, rub this mixture in your face and leave it for 15 minutes, finally rinse with cool water.
2. Exercise. Your body needs to move and during this quarantine, it could be tempting to spend all your time watching your favorite series, so why not try to find that workout routine that would make exercise fun for you?
Maybe you love yoga, or barre, or spinning, or maybe you can find a combination of different styles and routines. For me, a workout session during the morning is a must (quarantine or not), but I understand that for some people, exercising could be some kind of torture, so my advice would be to find something that’s fun for you and seeing this routine as a way to keep your body healthy and fit.
3. Social Media Blackout. Let’s be honest, do you really think you need to stay connected 24/7 to be informed? Of course, it’s important to know what’s happening right now, specifically with this pandemic, but this can also increase your anxiety.
So maybe you’d like to stay a day without checking your social media accounts, I do it once a week and I’ve seen that just that tiny change in my routine, makes me feel recharged… and is also good for your eyes, your neck and wrists!
What do you think? Do you have some other tips that could be useful during this quarantine? I’m also thinking about a post with a workout routine, would you like to see that one? Let me know! And in the meantime, stay safe!
Why red? Red is not just a color, it comes along with lots of meanings that make women feel more confident and attractive, especially when talking about makeup. As history can tell, red lips originated in the ancient Mesopotamia and Rome, they got the red color from the inside of certain gems and applied it on the lips and around the eyes. Cleopatra, the first beauty icon ever, wore this color which she gathered from bugs and ever since, red pigment has equaled power.
It’s true, wearing red lips gives you an instant shot of self- confidence and highlights your physical appearance. I love this never ending trend and that’s why I’ve decided to share some of my favorite red lipsticks with you.
It’s a complete line of lipsticks, glosses, and pencils in three different finishes: matte, satin, and metal in a broad variety of red shades. I love them because they have a moisturizer and weightless effect, but most importantly, long-lasting. My favorite ones from the Couture color line are 854 Concorde Cherry Red and Red Smile intense orangey-red. In liquid, my favorites are 999 Bloom and 966 Desire.
If you want a perfect finish, I recommend you to apply the matte or satiny first and then give it a glossy effect with the liquid.
This collection is definitely one of my favorites. The colors are amazing and so powerful. The liquid matte lip stain in Deep Burgundy is the best one for me. This one is really a highly pigmented and long-lasting product. There are also metallic colors which are great for night-outs. You must try the Chrome Red Clash.
Lancome L’absolu Rouge
With so many shades, it’s so difficult to decide which one’s my favorite. 132 Caprice, 198 Rouge Flamboyant, and 371 Passionnement are wonderful colors. This collection is amazing because these lipsticks are enriched with the Lancôme Pro-Xylane ™ redensifying molecule that gives your lips a moisturizing and bright effect. They also contain vitamin E that protects against environmental factors. These are perfect to use on a daily basis.
Chanel Rouge Allure
For a permanent style, I really like Chanel lip products, this Rouge line is water resistant and is supplemented with Vitamin E that provides a very hydrated and fresh appearance to the lips. I love the design of the container. It’s very easy to apply so you don’t have to worry about getting stained. There are 12 different colors with matte effect. My favorite color is Fresh Red, because as its name says it gives a fresh appearance for the whole day.
I declare myself a lover of beauty products, especially face creams. Let me tell you that La Mer has plenty of incredible products and each one specially designed with skin benefits. This is definitely one of my favorite beauty brands. I’ve been using their products for a while and I won’t lie to you, I’ve noticed complete positive changes.
I’m so excited to share some of my favorite products with you and explain the amazing benefits it brings you. By the way, if you haven’t bought all your Christmas gifts, these products are a great option for your loved ones.
The Treatment Lotion
This is the first product you need to apply after cleansing your face because it prepares the skin for the next products you’ll use. The lotion is ideal to improve the texture as it also works like a rush of energy through the skin. The key ingredients are Revitilizing Ferment and Softening Waters.
I have very sensitive skin, that’s why I think this product was made for me. It’s main treatment functions are to strengthen, soothe and protect the skin. It’s perfect for calming redness, inflammation or irritation.
The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The bestseller face cream from La Mer is made with natural ingredients such as seaweed including vitamins C, E and B15 as well as mineral oil. This ultra- soft cream helps to regenerate the skin giving it a young and firm appearance.
The Treatment Lotion Hydrating Mask
Masks are a fundamental step in my beauty routine. I use them before doing my makeup or at night before I go to bed. As it says so in the name, it’s Japanese technology helps to hydrate the skin giving it a healthy and glowy appearance.
Genaissance de la Mer The Eye & Expression Cream
This eye cream is soft as silk.
The Lumious Lifting Cushion Foundation
This foundation is perfect for daily use, not only because it gives a very natural and flawless appearance, but also because it contains healing hydration. The cushion design makes the application very easy.
Since I told you about my beauty looks in my previous post, I couldn’t leave out a recap of my favorite hairstyles of this season. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but the truth is that talking about hair is something that I really love. I’m always looking for different hairstyle ideas and accessories to use. And because a change is always good, I started fashion week with a new haircut with bangs.
I have so many favorite hairstyles that I prefer to start from the beginning, so I don’t miss talking about the high ponytail that I so proudly wore for the Vogue X Japan 20th anniversary party in Milan. Since my dress had so much movement already, I wanted to create a very clean hairstyle, but with a super cute detail such as a satin ribbon wrapped in my ponytail. By using my hair that way, I was also able to show off my snake earrings.
I just loved my look for Ferragamo! A low ponytail hidden in a silk scarf that didn’t show anything else but my bangs, and as a very nice detail I put a maxi necklace of golden pearls on top.
I preferred to hide my bangs for the Dior runway after a week of wearing it. I made a ponytail down to my waist, divided it into three parts with black ribbons, and then finished into a bun. As a final touch, I wore a Dior tulle headband that covered half of my face.
Headbands are my favorite hair accessory. I confess that I like collecting them because there are endless designs made from different materials, colors, and sizes. For many of my looks, I wore my hair loose and wavy or at times straight and with my bangs. I simply added a headband to give it that special touch to each of my looks. My favorite headbands are from Prada and Dior.
And finally, another of my favorite hairstyles was a bun wrapped with a red Versace scarf that fell into the back. I love experimenting with scarves and accessories to create new ideas.
Last but not least, a hairstyle that seems like I just got out of the shower, but with all the intention that it looks wet the rest of the day. There are actually many ways to style wet-look hair. I did the side part style, creating volume on the top. This gives glam and sophistication.
In the fashion industry, it’s really important to innovate and propose, not only with the outfits. That’s why I decided to make this article with my favorite beauty looks of fashion week, also share my inspiration and give you some tips.
As I’ve already told you, the fashion weeks are very intense because there are lots of shows and events to attend in one day, therefore many changes in looks and makeup.
But the reality is that with so many changes of style the skin don’t rest or breathe and as for me it’s very important to take care of myself I prefer natural beauty looks, so I try not to use too much makeup so my skin looks healthier and without imperfections.
Every day I start my beauty routine with a mask that hydrates and purifies my skin.
For the Fendi show, I decided a super simple and natural makeup. As it was in the morning, I wanted to look fresh, with well-retouched eyebrows, light brown tones for eye shadows and nude lips with glossy effect.
I wanted to make a pretty pale pink look for the Ferragamo show. Something very natural and chic with a touch of lip gloss.
For Dior, my makeup was something more mysterious. Brown with a touch of pink eye shadows, red bright lips with a blurring technique and the special touch was a black net headband that covered half of my face.
A more serious and night look for Saint Laurent. Smokey eye in shades of brown and bright red cherry lips. A classic makeup that has to last from the show to the party.
Undoubtedly, one of the most different looks I’ve done was for the Yohji Yamamoto runway because I tried something really different to flow with the essence of the brand. I went for a darker look. Smokey eyes and black shadows under the eyes, pale pink lips and a touch of blush in the cheeks that was barely noticeable.
For Louis Vuitton, my outfit was a total color look in blue and I wanted to complement it in my makeup, with a cat eye with blue eyeliner, inspired in the 60’s.